Enjoy the Cape Town Jazz Festival, historic Robben Island, Cape Winelands
and a Safari into the African Bush
March 28 - April 8, 2017
Dear friends, please join me, Bubba Jackson, host for KJAZZ 88.1, and a like-minded group of curious travelers for a one-of-a-kind culturally rich journey to South Africa.
Prepare for an experience of a lifetime to a destination unlike any other. On this small group KJAZZ Travel Club expedition to South Africa you'll enjoy three full days in Cape Town. You'll take a breathtaking cable car ride to the top of Table Mountain and experience the stunning landscape of the Cape of Good Hope. A special visit to Mandela's prison on Robben Island and tickets to the Cape Town Jazz Festival have also been reserved for you. In addition you'll sip fine wines in South Africa's premier vineyards and stroll through artsy colonial villages. Your journey culminates at a safari lodge where you'll ride in an open 4X4 jeep into the African bush to view lions, giraffes, rhinos, elephants and more! Don't miss out! Join your fellow KJAZZ listeners and escape for sunny South Africa!
1 Overnight flight to Cape Town, South Africa
3 Nights Cape Town
2 Nights Stellenbosch, Wine Country
3 Nights Safari Lodge
1 Overnight flight to the USA
- Cape of Good Hope Nature Preserve
- The Cape Town Jazz Fest
- Cape Malay dinner
- Stunning views from the top of Table Mountain
- A tour of Nelson Mandela's prison at Robben Island with a former prisoner
- Spectacular vineyard-covered valleys and tastings with the producers
- Two nights in the colonial Dutch town of Stellenbosch
- Visits to lush colorful gardens
- Candlelight dinner in the outback
- 2 Game-drives in open 4x4 safari vehicle with Swazi trackers
- Intimate viewings of lions, giraffes, hippos, rhinos, elephants and more!
- A Tour of SOWETO'S Apartheid museum
- Hosted by Bubba Jackson
- Roundtrip International airfare from Los Angeles
- Domestic flight, Cape Town to Johannesburg
- All services as specified in your KJAZZ Travel Club itinerary
- All breakfasts & nine additional multi-course meals (not including in-flight meals)
- Accommodation in superior four and five star hotels and lodges
- Transportation in luxury air-conditioned vehicles including qualified drivers
- Sight-seeing as per itinerary led by an expert South African guide
- Entrance fees for sightseeing as indicated
- A $500 Tax deductible donation to KJAZZ
- Gratuities for your drivers and guides for base trip (excluding bush trackers)
- Country, city maps and a video and reading list.
About Pilanesberg National Park
The Pilanesberg National Park is malaria-free and borders on the entertainment complex of Sun City. It is almost perfectly circular because it comprises the area of a 1200 million year old volcano crater with a small lake in the centre. The park exists within the transition zone between the dry Kalahari and wetter Lowveld vegetation, commonly referred to as "Bushveld". Unlike any other large park, unique overlaps of mammals, birds and vegetation occur because of this transition zone. Virtually all the animal species of southern Africa exist here, including healthy populations of Lion, black and white Rhino, Elephant, Buffalo and Leopard - Africa's "Big Five." Bird watching is excellent with over 300 species recorded. The park offers a number of wonderful picnic spots, numerous hiding spots for game watching, huge walk-in aviaries, safe hiking trails, safari drives at night and flights over the park in a hot-air balloon.